Thursday, January 12, 2012

Genesis 35-37

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Meanwhile the Midianites had sold Joseph in Egypt to Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, the captain of the guard. ~Genesis 37:36

All Jacob knew was that his son, his favorite son, Joseph, was gone. Apparently dead. The sons of Jacob knew more. They knew Joseph was gone, too. Not dead, but as good as dead, sold into slavery. Nobody knew about "meanwhile."

Meanwhile happens at the same time, in another place. Meanwhile means that the story isn't over. Meanwhile is a place where God is at work.

Meanwhile explains Romans 8:28, And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Sometimes we make decisions about circumstances, life, and God based on all we know. All we know does not mean we know all. God may be up to something in the meanwhile.

Daily Prayer

Sovereign God, You not only know the future, You make the future. You are good and all that You do is good. I trust in You, not because I know Your plans (I usually don't), because I know You.

You are the Potter and I am the clay. As You mold me, Your wisdom and beauty is on display. Father, may I not resist, but rather surrender to Your hands and trust in Your skill.

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment