Sunday, January 22, 2012

Exodus 13-15

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

God remembered his covenant with the Hebrew people (Exodus 2:24), and delivering ten monumental blows, leveled the Egyptians and freed Israel.  In turn, he commanded they "remember this day in which you came out of Egypt, out of the house of slavery, for by a strong hand the LORD brought you out from this place" (Exodus 13:3).  

Not long after, the Israelites were trapped between the sea and an terrifying army of Egyptians.  "What have you done to us in bringing us out of Egypt?" they complained. "It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness."

They had already forgotten.  

Moses responded, "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD!"  The story of God in Scripture is a continual reminder that God is on our side.  He provides all we need to stand firm.  "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

Love is not an issue. God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ~Romans 5:8

Power is not an issue. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. ~1John 4:4

Confidence is not an issue. If God is for us, who can be against us? ~Romans 8:31

Significance is not an issue. Through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. ~Ephesians 3:10

Freedom is not an issue. There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. ~Romans 8:1

Life is not an issue. The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. ~1Corinthians 15:56-57

Eternity is not an issue. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:38-39

I have nothing to add. I have all I need. I can stand firm. I can be still and know that He is God.

Moses answered, "The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." ~Exodus 14:14

And remember.

Daily Prayer

God, You are my refuge and strength, always with me in times of trouble. I will not fear, though the earth shakes and the mountains quake. Whatever comes before me, You, the Lord Almighty, are with me. Greater is He who is in me than He who is in the world.

I will be still, and rest in the knowledge that You are God. You will be exalted among the nations, You will be exalted on the earth. The Lord Almighty is with me; You are my fortress. On this I take my stand and still my heart.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment