Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Exodus 1-3

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Children play a wonderful game called "Simon Says." One kid is up front, and he thinks he is in charge.  He commands us to stand on one foot, but no one does.  He tells us to jump up and down.  No one jumps. Finally, he says, "Simon says," and we all do it. No one knew who Simon was, but apparently he's the one in charge.  We didn't do anything unless Simon said it.

The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, "When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him" (Exodus 1:15-16).  The king of Egypt thought he was in charge.

But the midwives feared God and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them (Exodus 1:17).

Daily Prayer 

My God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of the Hebrews, the God of this world, the one and only God. May I know You, love You, and listen to You. May I know Your voice, and when I hear it, follow it.

God, You are good. Everything that is good comes from You. When I pursue righteousness, when I love my neighbor, when I serve the least of these, I live according to Your kingdom. I display Your kingdom on earth. Your will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment