Friday, February 24, 2012

Numbers 31-32

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Google Street View takes ground level pictures of the streets of America.  ...and whatever is happening on the street.  Like the husband's car parked in front of the "other woman's" house.  Like the men entering and exiting strip clubs.  Like the teenager breaking the window of a car.  They thought nobody was watching.  They got caught by Google.  

Best thing that could have happened to them.

Do you know how a student who copies a couple answers on a test turns into a cheater?  How a flirt becomes an adulterer?  How a girl who steals a bracelet becomes a thief?  They get away with it, that's how.  Our thoughts become our words become our deeds become our habits become our character.

Getting caught is good for us.  

"But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the Lord, and be sure your sin will find you out" (Numbers 32:23).

The sooner the better.

Daily Prayer

Dear God, You are God, the only God, the God who created this world and all that is in it. You are sovereign over it and intimate with it. You are all-knowing, all-powerful, everywhere present. You are God.

You are also love. You sought me to save me, to redeem me, to sanctify me, to finish what You started. You who began a good work will bring it to completion. Father, mold me, refine me. I count it joy when I encounter trials, because I know it will shape me. I pray for Your wisdom to face trials and to grow in the likeness of Your Son. Thank You for loving me so much.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment