Thursday, February 23, 2012

Numbers 28-30

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

"Two-Face" is a Batman villain who flips a coin to choose. Heads he does good. Tails evil.  When you can't trust someone half the time, you can't trust them anytime. Who knows which half is which?

Echad is Hebrew for "one."  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is echad. The Lord is One (Deuteronomy 6:4).  The LORD: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Three. One. Echad.

Duplicity means two. Duplicity says, "I can't trust you."  Honesty is a flip of the coin.

Echad is completely trustworthy.  Moses spoke to the heads of the tribes of the people of Israel, saying, "This is what the Lord has commanded. If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth" (Numbers 30:1-2).  What he says and what he does shall be echad, one and the same.

Daily Prayer

My God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Holy is Your Name. Always trustworthy, always true, always faithful. Made in Your image, in this I fell. May I be restored in integrity. May I be one as You are one.

God, may I live a life of transparency and truth. Since You see me even when I hide, it is ridiculous for me to be anything but honest, it is foolish for me to be anything but trustworthy. You know me inside and out, my deepest thoughts and intentions. May I reflect You. May my 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and my 'No,' 'No.'

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment