Saturday, February 18, 2012

Numbers 16-17

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Korah and his company were rebellious.  God had listened to enough grumbling and complaining and punishment was near, so God warned Moses and Moses warned the nation of Israel, "Depart, please, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest you be swept away with all their sins" (Numbers 16:26).

You may have heard it said, "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."

...the ground under them split apart. And the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the people who belonged to Korah and all their goods.

It counts in wickedness, too. Get away!

Daily Prayer

Holy God, Your ways are perfect. Teach me to follow them. God may I have a heart that loves You, loves Your ways, and loves righteousness. May I have a heart that hates wickedness.

God, teach me not to flirt with sin. May I be convinced of its destruction and flee from it. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- may those things consume my thoughts and fill my desires.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment