Saturday, February 11, 2012

Number 1-2

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

"Take a census of all the congregation of the people of Israel, by clans, by fathers' houses, according to the number of names, every male, head by head" (Numbers 1:2).  There are 7,000,000,000 people on this planet, more or less.  Best guess is 100 billion people have been born since the dawn of the human race.  Approximately 255 babies are born every minute.  Right around 18,600,000 birthdays are on February 11.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.  ~Matthew 10:29-31

God does not know more or less, best guess, approximately, right around, or just about. God knows exactly. By Name.  God knows you.

P.S., There is exactly one God.

Daily Prayer

God, Your care for me is wonderful and amazing. As David wrote in his psalm, "Who am I that You think about me?" And yet You do. You think of me more than I think of You. Forgive me for that. May I walk with you all day every day.

Father, the value that You have placed in me, may wIe see that value in others. That each person is fearfully and wonderfully made, a work of art by You, my Creator God. Truly, God I love You as I love others, because they are Your workmanship. You have given me faith to believe in You, a certainty of hope for eternity, and You give me love, the greatest of Your gifts. May I give Your love to others.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment