Sunday, February 5, 2012

Leviticus 14-15

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

The ritual begins with two birds.  One bird killed and put into a clay bowl.  Birds don't belong in clay bowls. They belong in the heavens. Christ Jesus did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, being born in the likeness of men (Philippians 2:5-7).  We have this treasure in jars of clay (2Corinthians 4:7).  

The other bird dipped in the blood and turned loose to fly.  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7).  

As the bird flew into the skies, Israel knew someone had been made pure and free.  For freedom Christ has set us free. (Galatians 5:1).

Israel is being made ready for their Savior.

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, eternal God.  You knew how You were going to save me long before I sinned.  My sin is terrible, and reminders of it are terrible and bloody, but I need those reminders.  I so easily think of my sins as common, and forget that I was not made for sin, but for Your glory.  

Teach me to hate sin and love salvation.  Remind me of the death sin brings, if only to make my desire grow for Your goodness and glory and grace.  May I set my mind always on things above, Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment