Saturday, March 24, 2012

Judges 16-18

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Samson had God's strength...
Then the Spirit of the Lord rushed upon him, and although he had nothing in his hand, he tore the lion in pieces as one tears a young goat.  ~Judges 14:6

...but he loved Delilah.
 After this he loved a woman in the Valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah. ~Judges 16:4

David had God's heart...
"The Lord has sought out a man after his own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be prince over his people." ~1Samuel 13:14

...but he loved Bathsheba.
He saw from the roof a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful. And David sent and inquired about the woman. ~2Samuel 11:2-3

Solomon had God's wisdom...
"Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you." ~1Kings 3:12

...but he loved one thousand women.
He had 700 wives, who were princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart. ~1Kings 11:3

Lest I fool myself, believing I can resist temptation on my own, I should remember that I am not stronger than Samson, more godly than David, nor wiser than Solomon.  

One of the scribes asked Jesus, "Which commandment is the most important of all?"  Jesus answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your mind and with all your strength." ~Mark 12:28, 30

Daily Prayer

Almighty God of Wisdom, God of Love, I pray that my heart reflects Your heart.  You have made me for a purpose. I am Your workmanship. May I keep my eyes on Jesus. May I fully love You. May I not find things attractive that would steal my devotion to You.

With all my heart, with all my mind, with all my strength, I love You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment