Saturday, March 3, 2012

Deuteronomy 11-13

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

"Remember today that your children were not the ones who saw and experienced the discipline of the LORD your God: his majesty, his mighty hand, his outstretched arm" (Deuteronomy 11:2 NIV).

In the fifth grade, Mrs. O'Donnell tried to teach the class a song. She got it all wrong. I told her that. In fact, I sang it for her, so she'd know how it was supposed to sound.  Except Mrs. O'Donnell had a record by the original artist, and she played it, and she was right, and the class laughed.

In the fifth grade, I learned that my dad had his own way of singing songs.  When you haven't heard the original artist, you depend on your dad to get the song right.

"You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul.  You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens are above the earth." ~Deuteronomy 11:18-21

Daily Prayer

Father God, Thank You for all You do. Thank You for Your Word which tells me Your story, about Your faithfulness from generation to generation. Thank You for Your church, the family of God, that surrounds me with Your love and grace.

You have given me Your Good News. May I share it well, may I share it accurately, may I share it in action and word. God, I pray that the picture I show of You by my life will be accurate and true, that I will sing it right and well, and compel others to love and follow You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment