Sunday, March 11, 2012

Joshua 1-4

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

From the day I met Debbie, I began opening the car door for her.  When we are leaving...

"We have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you came out of Egypt.  As soon as we heard it, our hearts melted, and there was no spirit left in any man because of you, for the Lord your God, he is God in the heavens above and on the earth beneath."  ~Joshua 2:10-11

And when we arrive...

As soon as those bearing the ark had come as far as the Jordan, and the feet of the priests bearing the ark were dipped in the brink of the water, the waters coming down from above stood and rose up in a heap very far away.  And the people passed over opposite Jericho.  ~Joshua 3:15-16

It is more than a gesture. It is an announcement. I want the world to know that she is my girl, my one-and-only, and I'd do anything for her.

And he said to the people of Israel, "When your children ask their fathers in times to come, 'What do these stones mean?' then you shall let your children know, 'Israel passed over this Jordan on dry ground.'" ~Joshua 4;21-22

Daily Prayer

Lord God, not only do You go before me, but You set the path in front of me, and light the path for me with Your Word. Father, You came to bring me life and life abundantly. You announced that Your Kingdom is here, right in front of me. God, I choose to follow You, the King of heaven and earth.

King of kings, I pray for your guidance and protection.  I pray that I would reflect Your way of life. That I would embrace goodness and godliness.  Thank You for not only instructing me as to what is good, but showing me the good by sending Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment