Friday, March 2, 2012

Deuteronomy 9-10

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

"And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the Lord, which I am commanding you today for your good?" Deuteronomy 10:12-13

How does the Lord want me to live? Good question. What does God really want of me? Five things are expected of the Israelites.  Of me, too.  

A life of awe, fearing God not in a trembling terror, but rather in a respectful appreciation of his wonderfully terrifying awesome majesty. This is an overarching attitude toward God that saturates my being and shows through in my actions.  A life of trust, obeying God all-day, following his lead and direction.  A life of love, grateful and full of joy, exhibited not only toward God, but to all those he loves, as well.  That is, to each and every person I meet.  A life of service, using my God-given talents and abilities on behalf of and to better the lives of others.  And a life of obedience, reading, hearing, studying, living out His Word. The Lord's commands are not a burden, but the very best way to live.

God's will for my life?  Not that hard to know, is it.

Daily Prayer

Father, thank you for giving me instruction that is for my best. You put me together according to Your plans. You have numbered my days, and set a path in front of me. My prayer is that I would follow that path.

Sometimes I don't. Thank You for Your Son who paid the price for those times I stray. Thank You for Your Word which lights the path and leads me on the way to righteousness. God, as long as I stay on Your path, I get life and You get the glory!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment