Saturday, March 17, 2012

Joshua 22-24

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

We all follow someone or something, each of us must choose, and there are only two choices: God and not-God.  From the words of Jesus, "Whoever is not with me is against me" (Matthew 12:30), and, "For the one who is not against us is for us" (Mark 9:40).  You cannot not choose.  Did you hear the one about the Civil War soldier who couldn't decide who to fight for, North or South?  He donned a Dixie gray shirt and Yankee blue pants and stood in the middle.  Both sides shot him.  "I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:15-16).  

Joshua gathers all the tribes of Israel for a his final words (he is about to die), "And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell." 

You cannot not choose, so make a choice.  "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15

And choose wisely.

Daily Prayer

Father in Heaven, make Your love the foundation of my life. May my love for You express itself in eagerness to serve, to do good for others. May I learn humility from Your Son, sacrifice from the Cross, wisdom from Your Word.

You are God, most wonderful. Your wisdom confounds the world. May I think like You. May I listen to Your Spirit. Give me the desires of my heart; that is, may I delight in Your desires.  

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment