Monday, November 26, 2012

Romans 8-10

Daily Reading
Romans 8-10

Daily Thought

Paul presents to the world a straight forward declaration of salvation, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved" (Romans 10:9-10); and then he asks a critical question of the church, "How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?" (Romans 10:14).

She was in line to see the filming of a TV show in Los Angeles. Striking up a conversation with the guy behind her, it turned spiritual, and he began sharing good news with her of salvation on Jesus Christ. But she had questions. "What does your God do about people who have never heard of him?" she asked.

"And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent?" (Romans 10:14-15).

"You are from Uzbekistan, no?" he asked. She nodded. "Here you are in America, from the former Soviet Union, standing in line to see The Price is Right. Me, too, but I am from El Salvador. Is it possible God brought a girl from one part of the world and me from the other side of the world to the exact same place at the exact same moment so she could learn that Jesus Christ died for her?"   

"As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'" (Romans 10:15).

"I can't tell you what God does for everyone else, but I think I know what he is doing for you right now."

Daily Prayer

My God, You left Your throne and looked for me and found me and saved me. I wasn't even looking for You. You came to seek and to save the lost and that was me. Your love is amazing. 

May I be one who seeks others, too. May I have lovely feet, feet that go wherever You lead and speak lovingly and boldly of the good news, the best news in this world. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment