Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Romans 11-13

Daily Reading
Romans 11-13

Daily Thought

Paul is "not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes" (Romans 1:16), and in this letter to the Romans, he has taken us, his readers, from the pit of sin to the pinnacle of grace, "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!" (Romans 11:33). Reflecting on God's goodness compels worship and response, and Paul calls upon us "to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world," he implores, "but be transformed" (Romans 12:1-2).

A caterpillar is earthbound. "And then, God causes an amazing thing to happen," the science professor's eyes flashed delight as he shared with his students the wonder of metamorphosis. "Inside a cocoon, the digestive juices go to work. The caterpillar eats itself from the inside out, transforming its body into something new."

"Where do the wings come from?" asked Mary.

He smiled, "This part is really cool. When the caterpillar digests itself, it produces waste. That waste is the building material that becomes the wings of the butterfly."

"So, then, that means," Matt's head wrinkled as he put this together, "God can take the waste in my life and make something beautiful out of it."

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come" (2Corinthians 5:17). And the butterfly can fly.

Daily Prayer

Lord God, You created me once, and I messed it up. Then You created me again. Thank You for Your patience and Your love. Thank You for second chances.

I will do what I should have done the first time. I am Yours, God. I sacrifice all of my control to You. I love You heart, soul, mind, and strength. Every bit of me. I am ready to fly - whatever You will, I will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment