Thursday, November 8, 2012

John 9-10

Daily Reading
 John 9-10

Daily Thought

Jesus was accused of blaspheme because he claimed to be the Son of God. His response: just watch me and see if I don't look like my Father; "If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father" (John 10:37-38).

It's the Price voice; you know it when you hear it. My four children are playing in the family room when the front door swings open, "Hello!"  Four heads in unison whip around toward the door. "Daddy's home!"  Nope, it's Uncle Drew, my brother. They run and hug Uncle Drew, then go back to playing again. The front door swings open again, "Hello!" Four heads in unison whip around toward the door. "Daddy's home!" Nope, it's Grampa, my Dad. They run and hug Grampa, then go back to playing again.

The front door swings open once more, "Hello!" Four heads in unison whip around toward the door. "Daddy's home!" They run and leap into my arms. That voice. You can't tell which Price it belongs to, but you know it's a Price.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27). We know we are his Father's sheep when we recognize our Father in the voice of his Son.

Daily Prayer

Oh Lord, my God, I love to hear Your voice. The more time I spend listening to Your Word, the better I know You, the more I love You, the closer I follow You. In You I find my joy, my purpose, my delight.

Thank You for Your Son, because in Him you have been seen. Through Him, I am adopted in Your family. My prayer, O God, is that I will sound like You, look like You, act like You. That when people see and hear me, they think of You and are glad.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment