Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Acts 21-23

Daily Reading
Acts 21-23

Daily Thought

A movement called the "Way" honored Jesus as God and Savior, and Paul, a good Jew, "educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers" (Acts 22:3), thought Jesus a fraud and knew what he should do to honor God. "I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering to prison both men and women" (Acts 22:4). 

Then Jesus showed up. A bright light streaming from heaven flooded Paul's path of persecution, blinding him to the visible world, yet opening his eyes to things unseen. Paul first asked, "Who are you, Lord?" and was introduced him to the same Savior he had been persecuting, Jesus raised in Nazareth, now on the throne of heaven. Once you have asked that question, and know the answer, a second must follow, "What shall I do, Lord?" (Acts 22:10). Blind Paul had never seen more clearly.

Daily Prayer

God, open my eyes to the Truth. Do not let be enamored and deceived by what glitters in this world, but may I always delight in the glory of heaven. I know who You are, because You made Yourself known. I'm now responsible for what I know, but it is no burden, it is the greatest privilege and pleasure of my life. I now look to You to show me what to do, and whatever You say, I will say, "Yes"; wherever You lead, I will go. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment