Friday, October 5, 2012

Matthew 9-10

Daily Reading
Matthew 9-10

Daily Thought

"So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 10:32).

The rancher wanted the farmers to pay for his drowned cattle. "Judge, you know we've been having a drought. The farmers had a prayer meeting and asked God to send rain. I don't put much stock in prayer, but dad gum if it didn't work. It rained the next three days and flooded my ranch. Their prayers drowned my cattle, Your Honor."

The farmers objected. "There's no proof that God sent the rain," they argued. "Our prayers had nothing to do with the flood."

"Let me get this straight," clarified the judge. "What we have here is a man who doesn't pray, but believes God answers them. And you guys who do pray say God doesn't."

"But whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 10:33).

Daily Prayer

God, You are faithful and true. I desire to be one who trusts in You, walks in Your Word, and steps out in faith. Help me with my faith where it lacks. Test me and strengthen me where I lack. I believe in You in word, but may I also believe in You in action.

I know, God, that it is fear that keeps me from standing tall for You at times. Help me build upon the solid foundation of Your Son, Jesus Christ. May I be one whose life points to You at all times. May I be one who stands.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment