Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Psalm 70-73

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

I've had on my facebook profile a picture of Charlie Brown dancing and leaping and holding hands with his dog Snoopy, and the caption reads, "What if today, we were just grateful for everything?" I'm almost halfway through the Psalms, and the recurring theme has been, "What if today, we were just grateful for everything?" Here's why:

God is great. "May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you! May those who love your salvation say evermore, 'God is great!'" (Psalm 70:4).

God is good. "My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart." (Psalm 71:15-16; 73:1). 

God is in charge. "May he have dominion from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth! May desert tribes bow down before him, and his enemies lick the dust! May the kings of Tarshish and of the coastlands render him tribute; may the kings of Sheba and Seba bring gifts! May all kings fall down before him, all nations serve him!" (Psalm 72:8-11).

God is not done. "For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth. Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come" (Psalm 71:5-6, 17-18).

What if today, we were just grateful for everything? "Amen and Amen!" ~Psalm 72:19

Daily Prayer

My God, You are my rock, my fortress, my shelter, my strength, an ever present help in times of trouble, the joy of my salvation. There is nothing today that can rob the treasure of eternity. 

May I live in constant praise with a heart of peace and contentment at rest in Your hands. You are my God; my faith, my hope, and my love are in You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment