Thursday, June 7, 2012

Job 21-23

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

"But, wait a minute," we say. "You don't understand, it's different for me. These economic times," or "If you grew up in my family." "We are going to get married anyway." "My husband doesn't listen to me." Maybe true, all excuses. We use excuses to say, "I should be excused!"

Job's business went bankrupt, yet Job said of God, "My feet have closely followed his steps." His life savings disappeared overnight, and Job "kept to his way without turning aside." A tragedy took the lives of his sons and daughters, and still, "I have not departed from the commands of his lips." Job's body was ravaged with sores and boils. "I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread" (Job 23:11-12). 

His wife said to him, "Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die" (Job 2:9). Job had excuses, mint-condition excuses, but he left them unused. He said, "I'd rather have integrity." Excuses or integrity, to hold onto one you must let go the other. In all this Job did not sin with his lips (Job 2:10). 

Daily Prayer

Dear God, You are faithful and good. Your ways are right and true. My faith in You is justified over and over. All things work together for good. Not most things, but all; not always at first, but always at last. If I love You, if I follow You, I participate in what is good. When I stray, it is to my loss. Why do I look around? God, may I keep my eyes on Jesus, on Your Word, on Your truth.

Thank You, wonderful Savior, for Your path of righteousness. Thank You for Your mercy when I step off the path, and Your grace which brings me back to You. I love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment