Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hosea 8-14

Daily Reading
Hosea 8-14

Daily Thought

"When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son" (Hosea 11:1). God recalls his love and care for Israel, rescuing them from slavery, feeding them in the wilderness, leading them to a land he specially prepared for them. And yet "when they had grazed, they became full,
    they were filled, and their heart was lifted up;
    therefore they forgot me" (Hosea 13:6). They were fat and happy.

I was pre-med for a year, before I discovered my powerful dislike for biology. I did have fun with rats, though. I learned that if you want to teach a rat something, it better be hungry. It's the "90 percent rule." Feed a rat, weigh it, then diet it down 10 percent. Hungry rats solve mazes faster, click pedals more often to get food and generally behave better than when they are satisfied. If they're not hungry, they're not that eager to learn.

"Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied." ~Luke 6:21

Daily Prayer

Father God, May I be satisfied in Your love, and unsatisfied with anything less. You created me to live in a close relationship with You. May I hunger, starve even, when I neglect to nurture and feed that relationship. God, keep me forever eager to grow in the knowledge and love of You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment