Monday, August 6, 2012

Isaiah 42-44

Daily Reading
Isaiah 42-44

Daily Thought

"To infinity and beyond," proclaims Buzz Lightyear. The distance from the earth to the sun is 93 million miles, to reach the nearest star, 4.3 light years, and a light year is 5.88 million million miles. Our galaxy, the Milky Way is 100,000 light years across and has 200 billion stars. The Milky Way is 1 of 500 billion galaxies, we guess. How big is the universe? No one knows. 

"I am the Lord, who made all things,
     who alone stretched out the heavens,
    who spread out the earth by myself" (Isaiah 44:24). 

To infinity and beyond? God will still be there. He knows how big is the universe; but that does not amaze me nearly as much as, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine" (Isaiah 43:1). He knows me.

"Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes, 
    who are deaf, yet have ears!" (Isaiah 43:8). 

Worship opens my eyes and ears, provides perspective, heightens appreciation. Life still happens, God does not keep me from trouble, but "when you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" (Isaiah 43:2-3).

Who better by my side?

Daily Prayer

My God, my Savior, You are always present, an ever-present help in time of trouble. In good and bad, may I remember You. That secret of contentment, whether I'm high or low, in plenty or in need, safety or trouble, in any and every circumstance, I can do all things through You who gives me the strength. 

I know when it feels like You are not there, it's me that left. I need to stop doing that, to stay on Your path and walk beside You. Thank You, though, for coming after me when I stray and being there when I get back. You are my God, my Savior. There is none like You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment