Sunday, July 1, 2012

Psalm 90-95

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Life is competition. There is always someone bigger, someone better, someone smarter, someone stronger. We are on a constant quest for improvement and achievement and growth. 

It is true in everything, except one thing: our God. There is no God bigger, no God better, no God smarter, no God stronger. No other God.

Good can become better, and better can become best. Even best can improve, achieve, grow. But it all comes to rest at Ultimate, the Most High, the One and Only. There is a place of rest, one place, and only one place, where we do not strive for more because we cannot strive for more. The Hebrews call this Shalom, a place of wholeness and holiness, of peace and rest, "my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust" (Psalm 91:2).

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
~Psalm 91:1

Daily Prayer

Oh Lord our God, You are One, the One and Only God. You sent Your Son, Your One and Only Son, to seek and to save the lost. Me. All of us. Thank You for Your grace and love. Your love for sinners sets You apart from anything else. All love is measured by You, who, while we were still sinners, died on the cross for our salvation.

God, I pray that my love would grow to be as complete and sacrificial as Yours. May I love without strings. May I realize that I don't need anything else, because I can rest complete in You. Then my love will be pure, free of selfish motive.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment