Saturday, July 7, 2012

Psalm 119:1-88

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Psalm 119 is the ABC's of God's Word. One hundred seventy-six verses broken into sets of 8, each verse of the first set begins with Aleph, the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, the second set, the second letter, and so on. The psalm speaks of God's Word in my life, a Word to be known, to be studied, to be lived, and to be played like a beautiful instrument. "Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning" (Psalm 119:54).

If you have ever put a guitar in your hands or brought a horn to your lips, you get this psalm. "Practice makes perfect," and the goal is to stop looking for your fingers on the frets, to forget even that you are holding a guitar, and just play; and there is no play without practice. Or another picture; have you ever learned a foreign language? I'm told that you truly know a language when you no longer translate what you read, you simply read; or better, when you dream in the foreign language, which then is no longer foreign. 

Blessed are those whose way is blameless,
    who walk in the law of the Lord!
Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
    who seek him with their whole heart,
who also do no wrong,
    but walk in his ways! ~Psalm 119:1-3

Daily Prayer

Wonderful God, With pleasure I call You Master. You are the Lord of lords. You are the Lord of me. You are the King of kings. I pledge my allegiance to You.

May I be a worthy citizen of the Kingdom of God, an ambassador of Your grace. May I live for eternity by sharing and showing Your love today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment