Friday, July 6, 2012

Psalm 115-118

Daily Reading
Daily Thought

Why, the psalmist wonders, would anyone put their trust in things that know nothing, with mouths that do not speak and eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear and noses that do not smell and hands that do not feel and feet that do not walk (Psalm 115:4-7). They had idols of silver and gold; we trust in the stars, or fate, or the Big Bang. Que sera sera. Really? We trust in our math, but math doesn't think; 2 plus 2 is always 4. Math leads a dull life. Or science? We can use science to do wonderful things, and we should, but science itself simply observes. Trust it with your life? It cares little for you at all.

Life is neither random nor wooden, it is personal. Science and math and fate and the stars do what they are told; "our God does all that he pleases" (Psalm 115:3). He made the stars in the heaven, and he made the butterfly flap. He knows everything, and he loves "you and your children! May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth!" ~Psalm 115:14-15

Daily Prayer

My God and Savior, You are good. Your Son even said, "No one is good, but God alone." Certainly not me. Yet, you have given me righteousness. Not mine, but the righteousness of Jesus Christ. What a gift. Thank you God. Why in the world do You care about me? Because You do what You please, and You chose to love me. I certainly didn't do anything to deserve it. Thank You!!

May the Name of Jesus be praised, be honored, be worshiped. My God and Savior. May my life point to salvation through Your Son, the One who cares, who gave His all for me. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment