Sunday, December 23, 2012

2Peter 1-3

Daily Reading
2Peter 1-3

Daily Thought

When Jesus died on the cross, he said, "It is finished" (John 19:30) - all sin was paid for. Now a new work began, a work in us, "for we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). 

It's the true Christmas. When Jesus enters a life, he gives everything that is needed to follow him forever; "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence" (1Peter 1:3). Then you check the box - Some Assembly Required. "For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love" (2Peter 1:5-7). 

Don't worry, it comes with instructions, "and we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place" (2Peter 1:19). And your Father always helps.

Daily Prayer

Father God, thank You for all You've done, and You did everything. You have given me all I need. Salvation in Your Son. Power to live a godly life through Your Spirit. And You promise to bring Your work to completion. Someday, I will live in perfect holiness with You forever. I can't wait for that day.

In the meantime, I submit myself to Your leading. Whatever You ask, my answer is Yes. You have my heart, all of it, and my mind and soul and strength. I am Yours. And You are mine!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment