Thursday, December 13, 2012

1Thessalonians 1-5

Daily Reading
1Thessalonians 1-5

Daily Thought

This letter, earliest of all the New Testament letters, Paul wrote to encourage this young church in Thessalonica, "We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" (1Thessalonians 1:2-3). An emphasis on attitude...

The interviewer asked the applicant, "Tell me about your last job."

Applicant #1: "Not good. Not good at all. The boss was unfair, moody, played favorites. The employees were mean and petty. You couldn't trust anyone. That's why I am applying here. I'm looking forward to a change."

"Well, you are qualified, so you are hired. But I do have bad news. I am afraid you'll find the same environment here."

Next applicant; "Tell me about your last job."

Applicant #2: "Wonderful. I was sad to leave, but it couldn't be helped. My boss was fair, a good man, encouraging. The office was like a family. Everyday was a pleasure."

"Well, you are qualified. Congratulations, you are hired. And I have good news. I think you'll find the same kind of work environment here."

...because attitude affects everything. "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1Thessalonians 5:16-18). 

Daily Prayer

My God, each and every day is a gift. I delight in them. I love waking up, anticipating the joy of living fully for You. May this be my daily mindset. May my attitude reflect the life Your Son has given me, a life of joy and purpose, hope and love.

Thank You, God, for giving me life and changing my eternity.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment